Wednesday 18 September 2013

What I did this Summer

Hi everyone!

I know its been a long time since I've posted, but I hope to get into a habit of posting, seeing as I am now on my gap year!!! I'm really excited for the plans I've made, but also a bit nervous and still getting used to the idea that I won't be going to school anymore. I will be going to University the following year to study Photography.

I was so lucky to be able to go to Glastonbury for the first time with my best friend and my family and it was the highlight of my summer. We just went for the day and saw amazing bands like First Aid Kit, The Gypsy Queens, The London Community Gospel Choir and of course Mumford and Sons (aaah!) among others. I'm a big fan of Mumford and Sons, so when I found out they were playing I may have screamed a little. Seeing them live was crazy, there were so many people, and an amazing atmosphere. The only problem was that I couldn't actually see the band, except on the big screen, as everyone in front of me were a lot taller!
 
 
 
 
 


 
 Just a funny little anecdote from the day, which at the time pissed me off quite a bit, but looking back it was quite funny. So you've probably heard about the dreaded portaloos and how gross they are, I had drunk quite a bit throughout the day and by the end of the Mumford concert, I really needed to go. I'd found a loo, went in and because it so dark (and I was a bit tipsy) I couldn't find the lock on the door, I honestly don't think there even was one. So I decided, stuff it, I'll just hold the door closed, I was so desperate to go. Next thing I know, a woman opens the door wide open. I just remember shouting 'Oi!'. It wasn't really her fault at this point, obviously, but the stupid thing is a few seconds later she swung the door open for a second time and yelled 'Lock the f***ing door!!!' Well!! That was unnecessary. I remember hearing my mum telling her to leave alone and apparently no-one really saw me when the door was wide open, as it was so dark. Anyway, I'm laughing about it right now and I hope it made you laugh.

I also did some other cool things over the summer including going to Cornwall for a week with my best friend and her family, camping in Devon with my family, running 5k for my town's charity run and getting a time of 30 mins (my personal best) and going on many cycle rides with my family.




 
 

No comments: