Long time no blog :) As its the new year and we're all feeling inspired to be the new and better us, I've decided to make some changes in my life, as I| do pretty much every year. My new years resolutions usually consist of run 3 times a week, drink 8 glasses of water, blog once a week etc. and as we all know these things don't last longer than February... So, I've decided this year to stop making unrealistic goals. Instead my goal this year is to change my outlook. I've had a hard think about what makes me happy. And doing what makes you happy means doing it WHEN you want. Not just in January. And yes, as much as I need to stop eating badly and lounging around, health is important of course, but there are so many more things I would like to achieve this year. I had an amazing 2014 and felt I achieved a lot, but not because I made new years resolutions. I said YES to so many things and I have gained so much confidence because of it. Here are just some of the things I did/achieved:
- Passed my driving test second time and slowly got less and less nervous while driving. I still stall like a billion times but I blame the claremobile (my car) :)
- Travelled by plane on my own for the first time to South Africa and spent 4 amazing months getting to know my family, road tripping, sightseeing, swimming under waterfalls, partying, swimming in the sea, walking on the beach at night, wine tasting, driving for the first time on my own and then everyday in the streets of Johannesburg (any South African will tell you this is scary) and of course spending 3 months of that time volunteering at a Joburg children's home where I got to know some amazing, beautiful girls, all who have gone through so much more than any child their age ever should. It made me appreciate every blessing in my life.
- A little achievement I made over the summer was that I sang in front of actual people! I love singing and playing guitar and just a simple open mic at my local pub was quite a big thing for me. I definitely will be doing more of this in 2015.
- Started my photography course at university. I have already met some amazing people that I know will stick around for a long time and have inspired me to do amazing things.
- The biggest achievement this year was gaining my confidence and ability to talk to people. I used to be such a shy person and the idea of meeting new people scared the hell out of me. Now its SO exciting!
South Africa 2014
This is a picture of my mother taken during the apartheid in South Africa that I found in Museum Africa, Johannesburg. She is my role model, alongside my dad.
(Can you tell which one is mine?)
Summer in the UK 2014
Running my second 5k. I want to achieve 10k in 2015!
Here's to a great 2015!
I'd want give a big shout out and huge thanks to Laura from http://dreamandbelievexo.blogspot.co.uk/. Please check her out! She was the inspiration behind this post and for starting my blog again. She has just recently started her own blog and hopefully we're going to help each other to stick with them! :)
P.S. I just wanted to get a bit of feedback on my blog header... which one??